A few years back I hosted a pop-up restaurant at our tiny studio apartment 3 times a week. It went on for about a year. The very first dessert I served my guests was this no bake cheesecake, and it was a huge success. I repeated this dessert over and over and every single person loved it. Hope you will like this no bake blueberry cheesecake as much as they did!
What are the no bake blueberry cheesecake ingredients?
To make this no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe you will need to make a crust, a batter, and a sauce for the blueberry topping.
To make the crust for this easy no bake cheesecake you need:
- Speculoos cookies. If you feel like doing them yourself here is a recipe to make these cookies Speculoos. If you can’t find this kind of cookies you can replace with graham crackers or any other cookie of your preference. I like speculoos because they have lots of spices that make this no bake blueberry cheesecake taste heavenly.
To make the batter for this no bake blueberry cheesecake you will need:
- Cream cheese (I use Philadelphia 😉)
- Whipping cream
- Vanilla bean or extract
To make the topping for this no bake cheesecake you will need:
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
What pan can I use to make no bake cheesecake?
Ideally a springform cake pan between 20 (8 inches) in diameter. You should line the sides of the pan with parchment paper. Butter the mold than cover the sides with parchment paper and then butter the parchment paper.
If you are not going to unmold the no bake blueberry cheesecake use a round serving plate. It should be at least 2 inches high.
How to make no bake blueberry cheesecake?
To make this no bake cheesecake first you should prepare your crust, and while its chilling in the refrigerator you can put together the batter. Once your no bake blueberry cheesecake is resting in the fridge, go ahead and prepare the sauce and keep it chilled until the moment you will serve your no bake cheesecake.
To make the crust is extremely easy: mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter until you have a sandy consistency. Then use a spoon to evenly spread it along the bottom of your pan. Refrigerate.
To make the filling beat the eggs and sugar, then add the cream cheese with the vanilla beans (or vanilla extract). Once incorporated add the lemon juice with the gelatin. And finally fold in the whipped cream. Transfer to the springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
And finally, for the blueberry sauce bring to a boil the blueberries, sugar and water and cook until you obtain the desired consistency. I prefer it on the dense side to spread over the no bake cheesecake. You can also make it more liquid and serve it directly over the sliced no bake cheesecake once it is served on the plate. Up to you.
How to make no bake blueberry cheesecake pie?
If you want to make a no bake blueberry cheesecake pie instead, it is easy! Prepare a pie or tart dough and bake it until golden. You can find a pie dough recipe here Berry Tart
. Let it cool down at room temperature and prepare the no bake blueberry cheesecake filling.
If your pie dish or tart mold are not as high as 5cm/2inches you should divide the recipe for the filling in 2.
Transfer the filling on to your cooked pie crust and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Top with the blueberry sauce. And there you go you have your no bake blueberry cheesecake pie.
A word on gelatin: leaf gelatin vs. powder gelatin
Leaf gelatin needs to be hydrated in ice cold water. After about 10 minutes, squeeze the leaves. Either incorporate into a warm batter or warm to make it liquid when adding to cold batter.
Powder gelatin should be dissolved in warm water and incorporated also in a liquid state. This recipe of no bake cheesecake calls for dissolving the gelatin in the warm lemon juice.
Variations of this no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe
You can easily transform this no bake blueberry cheesecake into a no bake strawberry cheesecake by simply swapping strawberries for blueberries in the recipe.
Or you can make it a no bake raspberry cheesecake by topping it with this raspberry jam Berry Tart
Can you freeze no bake cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze no bake cheesecake before you top it with the blueberry sauce. Once its properly chilled, unmold the no bake cheesecake. Cover it with plastic wrap, place on a baking tray and transfer to the freezer. Once its frozen you can remove the baking tray and transfer to a freezer bag. It keeps for up to 3 months.
To unmold: place the no bake cheesecake in a serving platter and place in the refrigerator overnight. Decorate with the blueberry sauce before serving.
For the crust
Speculoos cookies 140 g
Butter 60 g
For the cheesecake filling
Sugar 70 g
Eggs 2 small
Lemon juice ½
Gelatin leaves 2 / gelatin powder 7 g
Whipping cream 210 g
Cream cheese 200 g
For the Blueberry Sauce
Blueberries 125 g
Sugar 40 g
Water 30 g
- Line the sides of 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
- Pour into an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan and evenly cover the bottom of the pan using a spoon or your fingers.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Hydrate the gelatin leaves in ice cold water.
- Whip the cream and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Using the whisk of your stand mixer beat the eggs and sugar until it has gained in volume and has changed to pale yellow color.
- Add the cream cheese and scraped vanilla bean. Whisk at medium speed until incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Warm the lemon juice and add the hydrated gelatin leaves or the gelatin power. Whisk until it is properly dissolved.
- Add to the egg/sugar/cream cheese mixture and whisk on high speed for 1 minute.
- Fold in the whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer on to the springform cake pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until you obtain desired consistency.
Assembling the no bake cheesecake
- Unmold the cheesecake and transfer onto to serving plate.
- Top with blueberry sauce and fresh blueberries.